Saturday, November 10, 2007

No, We're NOT Dead


But here is the culprit for why some of you may not have heard from us in a while. Our power supply went KAPUT!!! For a few days, I was smelling a funny burning smell. Then Kyle realized it was the computer and opened it up to vacuum out the dust. Well, a bright flash of arcing electricity later our power supply was dead. So it fell to me, who hates calling people, to call Dell. After half an hour of wandering the confusing automated phone directory that never listed who I wanted to call in the first place and then another half hour of convincing the sales guy that I really didn't want to buy extra memory or start a Dell debt account and that I really REALLY only wanted to buy the stupid power supply, no not with a Dell account but with my OWN CARD, thank you very much, I managed to get the thing ordered. It should have arrived on that Friday. But it didn't arrive until the Tuesday after because while the guy correctly spelled our address on for the billing (after all, they want their money) he couldn't respell it correctly on the shipping (Kings Whars Pl). So I had to call the shipping company on Monday since they attempted to delivered Friday, failed, called, left a message and then closed for the weekend because heaven forbid they work on a weekend. So I called Monday and corrected the address. It was delivered Tuesday at which time I discovered that they had once again misspelled our address (Kings Whalf Pl) but at least that misspelling wasn't as confusing as the other misspelling. But we got the power supply and put the computer back together. And that makes us Happy.

No comments: