So, I've had short hair for awhile and I thought I'd share a few thoughts.
Styling: Fairly easy. But I have to do it every day or risk looking like a puffy yellow dandelion.
Appearance: I must say, I'm not all that keen on short hair for myself. Of all the styles I tried, the one on the top is my favorite - gelled down. Kyle, of course, favors the one below. He likes the duck tail at the back. I do feel like I get a decent variety of styles out of it because I HAVE to style it. With long hair, its usually the same every single day.
Utility: The purpose of cutting my hair short was to keep Meghan from rubbing it. It worked for all of maybe three weeks. Now, she is back to her old tricks. Oh well. On the other hand, it is nice that my hair is ALWAYS out of my face. That is perhaps one of the biggest pluses. I feel like overall, I am managing my hair less because I only do it once in the morning and don't have to worry about pulling it back, taming wispies or brushing it out of my face.
Other: I will admit that it is fun to be able to run my fingers through my own hair. Unfortunately, when it's gelled, I can't really do that. So, I have to either sacrifice texture or appearance.
Final Verdict: I actually feel rather ambiguous about it. I do have fun styling it. But I don't feel as pretty as I did with longer hair. On a further note, it costs money every month to keep it short. So in the long run, I think I'll be growing it back out. Maybe in the future I will try it short again. I am prone to hair cutting whims.
3 comments:
I like Tanya's favorite style best. It looks cute with the glasses.
I'm ambivalent about short hair too. If it didn't take so long to grow hair out then I would cut mine short fairly often for a change- but knowing that it will be a year or more till it's good pony-tail length again gives me pause. I think your short cut looks nice by the way.
hmm I like the top best too. I'm not really into duck bottoms. You've given me some food-for-thought on chopping my own hair. I think I was always into cutting your hair and not mine. In fact unlike most kids I didn't cut my hair; I cut yours instead. I just whacked your bangs. Mom was pretty mad.
Post a Comment