So we finally got to try a new park today! It is one of the closer parks although I didn't know of its existence until recently when we accidentally stumbled upon it after a shopping trip.
Cuesta Park is HUUUUGE. There is lots of parking available, one lot close to the picnic tables and another closer to the playground. There is lots of green grass space to fly kites or play tag football and several well built picnic tables with barbecue grills.
One gripe I have is that the playground is separated from the picnic tables by a small hill. Although there is a swing-set nearby for those kids who can't sit through their meal without having to run off and play.
The Lonely Swingset
The hill separating the playground from the picnic area is clearly labelled "No Food Beyond This Point." This is my second gripe - there are signs everywhere around the playground discouraging you from eating there. Heaven forbid you get the munchies and eat outdoors!
The Forbidding Hill
A bench by the playground reminding you not to eat while you sit and watch your kids play.
The playground itself is awesome. There are two sets, one intended for older children and one for smaller but my girls happily play on both. It is big, but not so big you can't keep track of your kids from one spot.
It is both shady and sunny with patches of trees in large bricked planters for the kids to climb on and play Tarzan or Little House in the Big Woods.
Plus there is some really fun individual equipment.
Baby Bouncers
The Balance Beam
And my favorite: The Green Ladder of Parental Heart-Attack!
Although I for one encouraged my kids to climb it from a distance until Adelaide managed to crest the top. But I saw other paranoid parents trying to get their terrified and weeping children over the thing.
After three tries, Vivian and I managed to find the spot from which we could see most of the playground.
I really like this park. I think it will be my new favorite. The gripes I have are small - separating the two areas, no food allowed, and the bathroom is just a little too far. But the pluses are numerous. Lots of space, quiet area, playground far enough from the road, shady AND sunny, and simple yet fun playground equipment.
Bonus - there were nice people there who helped Adelaide play and swing while I was tied up nursing Vivian. That always makes us busy moms happy.
257 Cuesta Drive, Mountain View, CA
257 Cuesta Drive, Mountain View, CA
No comments:
Post a Comment