
While Kyle's parents were here a couple of weeks ago, we went to Washington D.C.! It was my first time ever. There is a lot of cool stuff in D.C., more then you could ever see in two days. But we did our best to see lots. On the first day, it was just Meghan, Kyle's parents and me. Did you know that the
Smithsonian is really a collection of 19 separate museum buildings, most of which are around the
National Mall in D.C.? The first place we went was to the
National Museum of Natural History. Inside the museum was the
Hope Diamond.

Personally, I thought it looked kind of gaudy. But I guess some people like that sort of thing.
The best part of the museum was the stuffed animals. My favorite was the
pangolin which looks something like a cross between an armadillo and a possum.
We didn't go to much more that day, but instead enjoyed walking around the mall looking at the buildings. We did find this fountain which shoots up four stories. It also helped to cool us off. At home, I promptly fell asleep. To Be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment