
Driving is hard work. So we had to get out and Kyle did a couple of jumping jacks and stretches to limber up again. We also ate a small breakfast while Meghan crawled in the damp grass and played with ants. Then it was on the road again.

Meghan quickly got tired of her car seat. She didn't mind being in it after a while, but if we tried to put her back in after a break she would start crying. She would play with toys for a short while, but was not happy that she could only get out for diaper changes and short breaks.

We passed through states as quickly as we could heading for Ohio to rest at Tasha's house. But remember that wobble? Well, Kyle just couldn't understand the idea of "go slower." My spirituality must have increased by a power of magnitude I was praying so much.
We stopped for gas in the middle of Nowhere. Apparently Fat Dogs are popular there.
As it got later we managed to reach Mormon Island. Ready for a break we parked at a camping spot and prepared to set up the tent Kyle had purchased a few weeks before for this exact purpose. Unfortunately, someone had misplaced a vital part.

So, while Kyle and Meghan rested on a blanket, I got to drive around to find a Walmart where I could purchase a cheap tent. My Walmart sensing abilities are top notch because it didn't take me long even though I had to make several turns to get there. I quickly returned to camp, set up the tent and allowed Kyle and Meghan to crawl inside for a nap. We decided to camp the night there and leave in the morning. It was very refreshing.
We set out again, determined to reach Tasha's. Kyle still did the majority of the driving. So I still sat in back with Meghan. I must admit, the view was rather boring from there.

Driving through some of the states were tedious because they delighted in lowering the speed limit for tourists and truckers. That was obnoxious. But I endured. We stopped in Dutchland and saw the windmills - or rather, some small town along the way that built windmills for historical purposes. Unfortunately, either I'd gotten bored of recording, forgetful or just plain ran out of battery because we had no more pictures of the rest of the trip. .
Friday night, we arrived at Tasha's house in the middle of the night after a winding drive during which we got lost at least once. Grateful for the chance to get clean (hurray for hot water showers!) and lay down on a bed, we slept the rest of the night.
2 comments:
Hahaha! So is Kyle your Dog?
LOL! I love your blogg it is my faverite you always have funny up-dates and lotsa pictures!!
So do you get to deduct TWO tents as moving expenses? the IRS fellows might find that fishy. Maybe you left the vital part out here when you set it up in the backyard. Would you like me to look? That's classic though.
Post a Comment