Like a backwards cherry cordial except with strawberries.
This is my new favorite way to make cookies because its super easy and super fast. Handy too when I find a cake mix sale for like 90 cents a box. So I stock up a handful and make these when I feel like it. My favorite is Devil's Food Cake with white chocolate chips. The picture is of our experiment today: strawberry cake and chocolate chips. Not bad, if you like that sort of thing.
Cake-Mix Cookies
1 box cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1-2 cups chocolate chips (or butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips or nuts or m&ms or bacon bits or whatever floats your boat)
Combine cake mix, oil and eggs until mixed. If it's a little runny add a spoon or two of white flour. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes. Eat and Repeat.
UPDATE NOTE: I usually add a spoonful or two of flour to stiffen the dough up a bit, but its not mandatory. You know, simply a suggestion. If you want to. Why are you looking at me like that?
UPDATE NOTE 2: After a bit of experimentation, I've decided the Betty Crocker cake mixes are much better for this than the Pillsburry ones.
UPDATE NOTE 3: After some more experimentation, I found that the Pillsburry cake mixes worked pretty well with 1/3 cup of oil instead of 1/2 cup of oil. Not sure if this extends to the Betty Crocker mixes. Probably would mean that I wouldn't need the extra flour.
UPDATE NOTE 3: After some more experimentation, I found that the Pillsburry cake mixes worked pretty well with 1/3 cup of oil instead of 1/2 cup of oil. Not sure if this extends to the Betty Crocker mixes. Probably would mean that I wouldn't need the extra flour.
4 comments:
MMmmm, Bacon cookies.
that is pretty cool! I've never heard of doing that before!!
I do it because I learned that I just don't like cake. Too crumbly. So what do you do with cake mix if you don't like cake?
um you eat it. jello powder is tasty as well. no need to add water.
Post a Comment